Air Freight Operator
A freight forwarder, also known as a non-vessel operating common carrier (NVOCC), is a person that organises shipments for individuals & corporations to get goods from the manufacturer to a specific market. This covers Air, Road, Rail and Sea freight forwarding, but this article will outline exactly what an Air Freight Operator would be expected to do on a day-to-day basis.
An Air Freight Operator would be responsible for:
- Coordination of international air import & export movements
- Managing commercial terms of freight, arrival confirmation and pre-alert details as well as managing demurrage
- Responsible for customer service internally, bookings, documentation, and execution of routing for assigned shipments
- Verify that shipments are being processed through customs for both import and export cargos
- Assists with the day-to-day operations of the import and export departments
- Responsible for communicating information and instructions to and from vendors
- Trace shipments through transit points up to final its destination and advice customer service as needed
Who are Red Recruit?
Founded in 2002, Red Recruit services the recruitment needs of internationally renowned businesses within the areas of Global Mobility, Relocation, Removals, Shipping & Temporary Jobs.
From HR & Global Mobility in the global relocation industry to commercial moving manager jobs in the removal industry to shipping logistics jobs and freight logistics jobs, we have experienced consultants in each of our specialist employment areas.
Our approach to our job candidates is a consultative, 'project managed' approach, which recognises the unique skills and abilities of every candidate, providing them with introductions to the best career and job opportunities within their sector.