Road Freight Operator
A freight forwarder, also known as a non-vessel operating common carrier (NVOCC), is a person that organises shipments for individuals & corporations to get goods from the manufacturer to a specific market. This covers Air, Road, Rail and Sea freight forwarding, but this article will outline exactly what an Road Freight Operator would be expected to do on a day-to-day basis.
An Road Freight Operator would be responsible for:
- Take bookings and liaise with customers, suppliers, overseas agents, European hauliers etc
- Plan routes and loads for Imports and Exports Internationally
- Complete all road freight documentations, negotiate rates and provide quotations
- Dealing Internationally with Clients
- Managing FTL, LTL and Groupage movements
- Contacting clients and making sure that all information / paperwork has been received and correctly documented for the shipment
- Managing day to day Road Exports alongside working on specific key accounts
- Completing the full road freight process from start to finish
Who are Red Recruit?
Founded in 2002, Red Recruit services the recruitment needs of internationally renowned businesses within the areas of Global Mobility, Relocation, Removals, Shipping & Temporary Jobs.
From HR & Global Mobility in the global relocation industry to commercial moving manager jobs in the removal industry to shipping logistics jobs and freight logistics jobs, we have experienced consultants in each of our specialist employment areas.
Our approach to our job candidates is a consultative, 'project managed' approach, which recognises the unique skills and abilities of every candidate, providing them with introductions to the best career and job opportunities within their sector.