The Warehouse Manager will be responsible for the smooth day to day running of a busy logistics operation, you will have strong management skills and be experienced in managing a large team of staff, split over differing shifts. An effective warehouse manager will also have experience of working within a busy and fast pace warehouse environment and ideally you will have a current Fork Truck licence and experience in stock control and customs liaison. Although this is not essential.
An Warehouse Manager would be responsible for:
- Motivating, organising and encouraging teamwork within the workforce
- Ensuring adequate staff coverage whilst maintaining a cost effective approach to the operation
- Minimising faults and issues in the warehouse and offering changes and solutions as required
- Identifying and planning for staff training, by monitoring their performance and progress
- Communicating with other operational staff/departments/group companies and suppliers, ensuring quality, delivery and operational objectives are met
- Responding to and dealing with customer communication by email, fax and telephone, effective planning for future capacity requirements
- Initiating and maintaining KPI reports, be it daily, weekly or monthly basis; Ensuring the health, safety, cleanliness and security of the work environment
- Overseeing the planned maintenance of Fork Trucks, Dock levellers, shutters and racking. Negotiating and dealing with machinery contracts and cost control. Ensuring adequate security arrangements at all times
Who are Red Recruit?
Founded in 2002, Red Recruit services the recruitment needs of internationally renowned businesses within the areas of Global Mobility, Relocation, Removals, Shipping & Temporary Jobs.
From HR & Global Mobility in the global relocation industry to commercial moving manager jobs in the removal industry to shipping logistics jobs and freight logistics jobs, we have experienced consultants in each of our specialist employment areas.
Our approach to our job candidates is a consultative, 'project managed' approach, which recognises the unique skills and abilities of every candidate, providing them with introductions to the best career and job opportunities within their sector.